Boudoir Clothing & Tip Guide
We've included some pro-tips to help prepare for your shoot.
HAVE FUN - THIS IS ALL ABOUT YOU!
Make sure you eat a light, healthy meal before we begin our session. You are going to be in all sorts of crazy poses for these photos, and we don't want you to pass out on us! We want to make sure you have energy to work through the whole session.
The day of your session, wear loose-fitting clothing so you won't have marks on your body from your jeans or your bra. Beware of tight socks, and take off the hair tie that is around your wrist before showing up so we won't forget!
Not every item needs to be lingerie. We recommend choosing at least one bra and panty set. Be sure to try on items to make sure they have a proper fit before your session.
The more variety, the more photo choices you will have. Wear whatever makes you feel like the epitome of yourself. Whether that means sexy lingerie, boxers or boy shorts, or a silk robe, just bring things you love and that make you feel awesome!
- DO use your clothing cleverly -- do you have a part of your body that you don't want to feature in the photos? Wear an outfit that covers that part of your body up. If you're not wild about your stomach, for example, bring in a corset or outfits that have a high waist.
- DO think of the colors that best represent you -- bring bold, fun colors if that's your thing, or soft pastels to showcase your romantic side.
- DO have a fresh coat of paint on your nails and toes -- OR have completely clean, nude nails. Either one is totally fine -- we just don't want chipped polish!
DO layers. Think lace mixed with leather or denim; or sweaters loosely buttoned over a pretty bra. Different textures layered on top of each other create interest and depth in the images.
DO headpieces or hair bling. Hair clips, headbands, hats, and veils can all be really fun, so if you have them, bring them!
DO bring something that belongs to your partner if you are in a relationship. One of his button up shirts and/or his tie. Her hat and/or her fave tee-shirt. If you or your partner are sports fans wear a sports jersey with some knee high socks. Be creative. The more you put into it, the more they will be blown away.
- THINGS TO CONSIDER... there's also always the option of wearing nothing. Keep in mind that your images will ALWAYS be completely private.
- DON'T go tanning or get a spray tan in the week leading up to your session. The spray tan can appear extra orange in photos -- and it can rub off on your clothes or the bedding. And definitely do your best to avoid coming in with tan lines, unless you want to show them off!
- DON'T wear clothing that is too tight in your session - it can create weird lines and bulges in the curves of your body and we don't want that! Make sure you bring clothes that flatter your body for your shoot.
- DON'T wear something you feel uncomfortable in, just don’t bring it! I would rather have you in Bridget Jones undies looking HOT than skimpy thongs looking uncomfortable.
- DON'T come to the session with a buzz on. Champagne flows freely at our boudoir shoots if you decide you need a little liquid courage. So it is best to start out sober. You may be drunk on excitement and that is acceptable.
- DON'T schedule a session when you are in your monthlies. You may start retaining water and bloat. You DON’T want that!
DON’T forget to self-groom. You know what your routine is better than anyone, set time aside so you feel amazing!
DON'T be nervous or stressed. If you find yourself anxious do your best to relax, it's extremely important for great pics! The session doesn't have to be sexy and serious the entire time, a little comic relief always helps. Laughter is the best medicine for nerves!